5.12 ninja-jzak
Der Meister
sockonfl
1st Lieutenant of the Ninja Corps.

Re: Round 5 Chinstrap Ninja 2010 Mock Draft

Postby sockonfl » Sat Aug 07, 2010 5:14 pm

5.01 Antonio Gates

Rather than draft a mediocre receiver I might as well draft an elite TE instead. I have him as my #1 TE because of Jackson missing time. He was a stud before Jackson arrived so that will just continue.

Team

QB Tony Romo
RB Maurice Jones Drew
RB Pierre Thomas
WR Greg Jennings
WR
TE Antonio Gates
Der Meister
sockonfl

Postby Ninja-ep » Sat Aug 07, 2010 6:35 pm

5.02 -- Philip Rivers

Socko's a wait for QBs guy so I thought I might get Romo here, but alas I'll settle for Rivers, who has thrown for 4,000 yards in each of the last two seasons with 28 touchdowns 2 years ago and 32 last year.
Ninja-ep

Postby Consigliere » Sat Aug 07, 2010 8:22 pm

5.03 Jermichael Finley

I personally like to get a tight end around round 5 or 6 if there are still elite guys on the board. I have Finley as my #1 TE. I love the aerial assault the Packers bring to the table and Finely has the talent to take over a game.

Not exactly zaging when people are zigging but i had Finley picked after i selected Ochocinco last round

Team:
Chris Johnson
Chris Wells
Anquan Boldin
Chad Ochocinco
Jermichael Finley
Any pressing questions or if you are in need of advice drop me a line at consigliere12@gmail.com

Follow me on twitter @consigliere12

Consigliere
Consigliere
Captain of the Ninja Corps.
Captain of the Ninja Corps.

Postby krause » Sat Aug 07, 2010 8:41 pm

5.04 -- Justin Forsett, SEA

Thought for sure I would get Finley here! that's two rounds in a row I got swiped a pick or two ahead of me.

Pete Carroll is falling in love with Forsett. Forsett proved last year, he's the best option for Seattle. I didn't want a RB here but I can't complain about getting Forsett.

RB- Ray Rice, Cedric Benson, Justin Forsett
WR- Desean Jackson, Mike Sims-Walker
krause
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Postby ryder » Sat Aug 07, 2010 9:15 pm

5.05-Michael Bush

I feel it's a risk picking Bush at this spot.Anytime you are picking a Raider it's a gamble.Bush does have some upside.I like him more then Mcfadden.I can see Mcfadden getting less carries and be used more for 3rd downs.Bush has averaged over 5 yards a pop and will be used for the goal line for sure.Jason Campbell coming into Oakland can only but help the offense and running game,which was terrible with Russell under center.
ryder
Private 1st Class Grade 3
Private 1st Class Grade 3

Round 5 2010 Chinstrap Ninja Mock Draft

Postby speedy » Sun Aug 08, 2010 8:19 am

5.06 WR Derrick Mason
I know he's old and I know he's banged up right now, but I think the Ravens are going to throw a little more than people think with Boldin drawing coverage on the other side...My choices were old 2nd receivers here in Driver and Mason.
speedy
Private
Private

Postby sockonfl » Mon Aug 09, 2010 6:58 am

5.07 Steve Smith(NYG)

I received this pick via text from John.

This pick is a no brainer for me. Considering the WR bonanza in this draft, there is no way Smith should be available at this pick, minor groin injury or not. Plus while I love Crabtree as my WR2, he isn't as proven as other teams WR2 options, so Steve Smith gives me much needed insurance. Smith just makes sense at this pick.
Der Meister
sockonfl

Postby Jay-Mo » Mon Aug 09, 2010 11:32 am

5.08 - Brent Celek

I really liked Jason Witten here, but he just doesn’t score nearly enough (6 TDs … over the past two years!) to be picked this high in a non-PPR league. I don’t see this year being any different if you noticed Sunday’s preseason game. Witten was open on two of those goal line plays and didn’t warrant even a pump fake?

On the other side of the spectrum Celek gets plenty of attention in the red zone, and I don’t see Philly changing their feathers to start running in the red zone. Landing the top red zone target on a team that throws first in the red zone is very promising. Plus, two of Celek’s best games last year came when Kevin Kolb was at quarterback. Only three TEs scored more and racked up more yardage than Celek last year – not bad for the ‘ol Bearcat.

RB - Michael Turner, Jonathan Stewart, Joseph Addai
WR- Sidney Rice
TE – Brent Celek
Jay-Mo
1st Sergeant
1st Sergeant

Postby sockonfl » Mon Aug 09, 2010 12:01 pm

5.09 Clinton Portis

This is a player that is only one year removed from a 1,400 yard rushing 10TD season. Last year was an anomaly due to injury and ineffective coaching by Jim Zorn. This year McNabb is under center to give a better passing game threat. Also Mike Shanahan is installed as head coach. Remember what Portis did in this same system. Yeah that's right 1,500 yards and 15TD's. Team has made glowing comments about his offseason work this year. I see a big bounce back season for Portis in the making.

Team
QB-Tom Brady
RB-Ronnie Brown
RB-Clinton Portis
WR-Randy Moss
WR-Reggie Wayne
Der Meister
sockonfl

Next

Return to Fantasy Draft Strategies