4.12 sockonfl
Der Meister
sockonfl
1st Lieutenant of the Ninja Corps.

Re: Round 4 Chinstrap Ninja 2010 Mock Draft

Postby Ninja-jzak » Fri Aug 06, 2010 4:21 pm

4.01 Steve Smith, CAR

Quite a dilemma here in terms of which WR to snag. Three guys had my attention ... Sidney Rice has big upside potential if everything falls into place, but his hip is not healing as hoped and there is still uncertainty about Brett Favre's status for 2010. According to Vikings coach Brad Childress, Rice is a "ways away" from returning from the PUP. Vincent Jackson is a stud receiver who continues digging himself a hole. He's threatened numerous times to hold out this season, and the Chargers aren't blinking. Looking more and more like he'll face a rocky season. Steve Smith is aging, and had a flag football injury this summer, but is looking on track and will be playing week 1. He's much safer than the other receivers remaining and Matt Moore really seemed to lock in to Smith late last season.

Team so far:
Rashard Mendenhall
Larry Fitzgerald
LeSean McCoy
Steve Smith (CAR)
Ninja-jzak
Captain Grade 3
Captain Grade 3

Postby Ninja-ep » Fri Aug 06, 2010 6:26 pm

4.02 -- Knowshon Moreno, DEN

He's not a favorite, but I'm going for balance here with this "B" squad. Moreno's the last feature back on the board and is a good ADP value at 38th overall, making him the top choice. I'd rather be zagging.
Ninja-ep

Postby Consigliere » Fri Aug 06, 2010 8:30 pm

4.03 Felix "the cat" Jones

Should be deadly out of the backfield and that's worth some money in PPR leagues. He has great speed and should get some long touchdowns and i think he will get about 5-6 catches a game which will make up for losing some carries inside the red zone.

I Get a good back here, plus he is a high reward guy. There are some concerns with extra running backs but when the Cowboys go to the sky he will be in there and when they need a spark he will be in there. Barber is wounded and Jones has more talent

Team So Far:
Calvin Johnson
Brandon Marshall
Felix Jones
Jamaal Charles

A Side Note:
I make reference to PPR often in my analysis, while i understand this isn't a PPR draft i am simply mentioning it because i value these guys in those formats as well. I just wanted to get that out there in case there is any confusion in my analysis.
Any pressing questions or if you are in need of advice drop me a line at consigliere12@gmail.com

Follow me on twitter @consigliere12

Consigliere
Consigliere
Captain of the Ninja Corps.
Captain of the Ninja Corps.

Postby sockonfl » Fri Aug 06, 2010 9:08 pm

4.04 Ronnie Brown

Brown has always been a stud fantasy producer when he has been on the field. The problem is getting him to stay healthy a full season. Hopefully a contract year will motivate him to play an entire season.
Der Meister
sockonfl

Postby Jay-Mo » Fri Aug 06, 2010 9:47 pm

4.05 Sidney Rice

He may not be the No. 1 red zone target I prefer in a WR1 for my team, but I like his upside after breaking out last year with more than 1,300 yards, 15.8 YPC and 8 TDs. Brett Favre's arrival certanly played a part, but we should also give Rice some credit in developing during his third year - an evidenced-based trend in WR progression. I'm not as worried as many may be about Favre's return. If he was that worried about his ankle he wouldn't be standing on a high school field chucking the ball around, instead would be in Vikings' camp getting treatment by a top-notch sports medicine team.

Farve will be under center this season, and I got a nice value pick to make up for my "tragic" picks of the previous two rounds (Note: sarcism). Regarding Rice's injury status; it's training camp. I'm drafting for the regular season.

Team - Michael Turner, Jonathan Stewart, Joseph Addai, Sidney Rice
Jay-Mo
1st Sergeant
1st Sergeant

Postby Ninja-jzak » Fri Aug 06, 2010 10:25 pm

4.06 Michael Crabtree

There is nothing worst than getting sniped on a draft pick ... and with all of Sidney Rice's issues, I was chomping at the bit to snag him here. Crabtree isn't a bad consolation prize. He produced well despite missing time with the offense last year as a rookie. This year, he says he's feeling really comfortable with the offense for the first time, and is a main cog on an up-and-coming Niners offense. Taking him in the fourth round is a little higher than I would have liked, but I also didn't want to take a chance of losing him to someone else between now and my next pick.

Team so far: Andre Johnson, DeAngelo Williams, Ryan Grant, Michael Crabtree
Ninja-jzak
Captain Grade 3
Captain Grade 3

Postby speedy » Sat Aug 07, 2010 8:14 am

I'm going to go out on a limb here and hope last year was a fluke, because of the Mike Martz-led offense-
Matt Forte-Bears

QB-Brees
RB-Jackson
RB-Forte
WR-Colston
speedy
Private
Private

Postby ryder » Sat Aug 07, 2010 9:45 am

4.08-Hakeem Nicks

It was tempting to pick Vincent Jackson at this spot,but picking him in the 4th rd.is to early with his suspension and his possible lenghty holdout.I like that Nicks will give you a deep homerun threat and is a big bodied redzone target for a wr.

Team so far-
Qb-P.Manning
Rb-F.Gore
Wr.R.White
Wr.H.Nicks
ryder
Private 1st Class Grade 3
Private 1st Class Grade 3

Postby krause » Sat Aug 07, 2010 10:34 am

4.09 -- Mike Sims-Walker, JAX

Here we are, the most crucial point of the draft. this is the point where you have to decide if your going stick with your strategy or turn a new leaf (No, not Ryan Leaf). I was originally going to draft a QB here but with the lack of QBs being drafted (average of one per round) I feel I could wait until round 8 or 9 and still get a top ten QB. So I'm going to zag from my strategy and zig with everyone else.

Sims-Walker had a breakout season in 09. He's the number one WR in Jacksonville. there's huge upside here with very low risk. I like that.

RB- Ray Rice, Cedric Benson
WR- Desean Jackson, Mike Sims-Walker
krause
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Next

Return to Fantasy Draft Strategies